Sunday 24 May 2015

Finished with Love

Well, like or loathe the book folding, you're looking at my first attempt, actually finished!
I did the learning and the folding at a workshop at Kraft Crazy and stuck in patterned endpapers and flowers at home.  Also, I added some gilding flakes randomly to the folded letter edges.


I don't know if it helps or hinders to be honest. I can't help but feel that the 'e' is weak, but it may be the quality of my measuring or folding. What I do know is that re-folding the pages isn't an option, it would look incredibly scrappy with more folded lines at the edges. (If you've done one of these, you'll know exactly what I mean!)
The flowers are die cuts and the scrapbook paper is from the Que Sera range by Kay & Co. Not new by any means, but this whole pad has given me so much value, one of my best buys ever!
So there you have it. On Shopkeeper Gal's advice, I've hunted down another pattern that I really like. Yesterday I bought a book (a hardback from a charity shop). I've finished reading it now, so will probably try to start the maths and folding later this evening. Hope that Shopkeeper Gal won't mind being number one on my speed dial!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think you have done incredibly well for a first attempt, Julia. I like the addition of the gilding flakes and roses and I do like the patterned paper - gorgeous colours. Have I understood correctly, you've read a book in a day??? That's what I call speed reading :) Good luck making this second word book. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

peggy gatto said...

Thank you for showing the finished piece!!
It is a gem!

Helen said...

I think it looks fantastic! "Obviously" I still haven't started one, even a simple one, since I saw the first post.. lol!

Unknown said...

That is just so cool! "Love" how it turned out!

RosA said...

I think I've seen other examples of this recently, but your is the nicest. I do like the gold flakes and the flowers are a nice touch.

Bridget Larsen said...

Aaaaaahhhhh that must have been very rewarding indeed you must be very pleased with yourself

Sue said...

Fabby.

Hope you are enjoying your bank holiday. Sue

Robyn Oliver said...

Way cool Julia, a super job, love the finishing off papers and flowers

Carole Z said...

Wow, a fabulous piece of work Julia, great to see the finished project, hugs Carole Z X

misteejay said...

All that folding...but what a great result. Well done you.
I hope you enjoy the next one you do as I think you made a great job of this one.
Toni xx

Eliza said...

I am impressed, there is no way I could do all that folding and have a brilliant result. Great creation.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Kyla said...

This looks brilliant. I know I would not have the patience for this! Love the flowers you added too.
Kyla