Monday 28 October 2013

Whirling and Stamping....

Real, live, noisy, breathtakingly fast, passionate and entrancing Flamenco dancing..you can barely see the castanets she was playing..what skill, what emotion - and is was amazing to watch, really something. Never mind that it was for a restaurant full of us tourists, it was fab, and no less honest in its rendition for us than it would have been on any other stage. There are number of glasses and bottles in the background of this photo that allow me to link this to Elizabeth's blog, for T Tuesday.
The two beautiful women dancing Flamenco for us had music that swelled.  Genuinely, it got stronger, faster and more passionate.  The girls flirted and moved and clicked the castanets and suddenly where whirling around and moving with grace and speed that was entrancing.  And that's what I'm trying to do.  Move around with grace and speed, clicking and achieving and being beautifully creative as I go.  Well hey, why not.  It's nice to liken the headless chicken type panic driven work that I do to something that is truly lovely like Flamenco.  My work is done with no less passion, I don't think.  Although I concede, there is ever so slightly less poise.


17 comments:

Claire Grantham said...

I love the Flamenco. My Ma took me to Sadlers Wells in London to see a great performance for my 21st birthday and the memory of it has stayed with me ever since. Such skill. Cx

Helen said...

Great photo, such movement!! I was moving like a headless chicken today.... I'm in good company then.

KatzElbows said...

You've just reminded me of the wonderful Spanish quality of duende. I need to rediscover my duende and apply it to my art. Just the kick I needed. Thank you.

mamapez5 said...

They are wonderful when you see good ones aren't they? The best ones I have watched were two youngsters dancing in a restaurant/bar. I don't thi9nk I'll ever move at that speed again though! Kate x

Nan G said...

You've got me giggling, Julia! I'll bet you were just as graceful and poised in your endeavors today as they were in the dance. Hugs

Eliza said...

Can see you now whirling around doing your craft with loads of flair and grace, better than she could.

Happy tuesday
Hugs Eliza

Monica said...

Just play the music as you work and see how fast it goes. I am just relieved that it was not cirque du Soleil . Hanging from the ceiling might have given you a whole new perspect on the work at hand!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

It sounds like it was truly an inspirational evening for you. Flamenco is truly graceful and passionate. Blessings!

fairy thoughts said...

Great photo they are amazing aren't they. The only thing whirling at speeding house today is my head watching Erin...... Crazy crazy child:-)
Janet

fairy thoughts said...

I will just add she has just washed the kitchen table ..... With strawberry yoghurt, oh the joys of being two
Janet

Kyla said...

Ah I can almost feel the heat and humidity radiating from the photo....watch my hair start to frizz!!

Kyla

Darnell said...

A perfect reasonable and well-chosen analogy, luv. Hugs (brief, tho, we're whirling here), Darnell

Carole said...

passion...is the pursuit of getting lost in what you love doing...any endeavor where you are totally committed to the joy of doing the best you can do...like all art is flat without passion.

Mary said...

Julia, what a great description of the dance. I got dizzy spinning as I read. And yes, you described the passion we all feel as we create. I do agree, I am slightly less poised as I spin around my craft room. I have to be....too much stuff sitting around waiting to jump in front of my aging feet! Happy crafting!

Julie Lee said...

What a lovely way to describe your activities! Craft is certainly something it's possible to feel real passion and emotion about and through! I love that picture, it just exudes heat and intensity of emotion! I'd love to be able to dance, but - hey - creativity is always like dancing! Julie Ann xx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your reflections are always so amusing, Julia! i love how you describe the "headless chicken like panic driven work" to the Flamenco. I'll remember that the next time I'm whirling around!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And somehow I didn't see the post, or the linkup. But I see the Flamenco Dancer. I was always in awe of the costumes, then focused on the shoes, which had what appeared to be "taps" on the toes and/or heels and were clunky compared to the softness and sway-ability of the dresses.


What a mess my blog and I have been. Maybe it's trying to tell me I've been neglecting it, but . . . . And, talk about being a poor host!! Sorry I wasn't here earlier, or even around earlier in the week. But Bleubeard and I thank you for joining in for T today.