Monday 12 October 2009

Last One

At last, this is the final full Prom LO that I finished at the Crop a few days ago. They look like a married couple don't they - in that post-church pose the photographers like. And that's why - the big O has the most thoughtful Mum in the world and she suggested this sort of 'hold' would look better than them standing together with arms a dangling. It certainly works, they don't look too gauche, huh.
I've had the paper since May. Struggled to give it up because I really do like it, but am still in the strict 'good talking to' mode when I get precious about such things, and so reluctantly agreed with myself to use it. But it wasn't destined for these photos because it causes me pain that the red in the paper colour and the dominant photo colour don't really match. Weird huh - I can be cool about wonky lines, torn edges, the odd smudge, but these two colours together make my teeth itch. Lucky for me then, that since I pointed out that I'd like the journalling to be hers and handwritten, it's been filed in the album. Which of course means that it won't be journalled. But at least out of sight means non-itchy teeth.

12 comments:

Chrissie said...

This page looks great, they look like they're having fun. Never having tried scrapbooking I'm in total awe, it seems like a lot of work, maybe one of these days I'll have a go!

Annie said...

I've lots of photos and every intention to make a scrapbook but never seem to find the time....I wonder why? ;-) A x

Carmen said...

It's gorgeous and personally I think the red background matches it really well :)

Unknown said...

I like the red and the red ... which is lucky because if my teeth started itching I may scream ... gorgeous doctor only went and ruined a perfectly good date with a scalpel ... I am sat here with a patch over one eye and I seriously could not cope with itchy teeth as well.
The big O looks good with Miss Dunnit ... I hope you tell him regularly how lucky he is!

Anne said...

Definately the daughter of scrapper, if she's thinking about how the photos will look whilst they're still being taken! Lovely paper - I wouldnt have even noticed the reds if you hadn't of pointed it out, and even now you have, I don't mind it at all. I'm very laid back about this sort of thing, as a quick glance through any of my albums would tell you!

Paige said...

I like it! and am loving the white space!!! work it girl!!!

Claire said...

Absolutely gorgeous LO. (as always :))
x

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Love it, totally works :D
J xx

Angie said...

love the LO ..it just works but I sort of understand what you mean. It dosn't look wrong in the photo but in real the background is probably a blue-red and some of the other reds are orange-reds ??? iyswim. Get you using white space ...and it working for you so well xx

Kate said...

The LO looks great and I laughed at the itchy teeth. I agonise about putting things together that go and then I look at experts pages that have really clashy colours and they just look right. Don't know how they do it!! ** Kate **

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous LO - I hadn't even thought of doing one for my daughter's prom - does that make me a bad mum???? oops

Chris said...

Well I had to look reaaaaalllly close to see that the colours didn't match, actually I like the tonal change! I think their pose is perfect, it's a great photo and a smashing layout. Hope your itching teeth have calmed down now :). Chris x