Wednesday 17 June 2009

What's On Your Worktable? Wednesday (already)

Again, this photo taken without the benefit of a safety net - no tidying, no cropping and bad light too! But it does show that I've tidied up and moved on from whatever was the work-in-progress last week! I've set my lovely glass mat aside and am working on a cheap sketch book. This is because I've been fiddling with shrink plastic and although heat proof, do not want to tempt fate with repeated heating; I would be bereft without my glass mat! There's a can of spray acrylic on the left - I use that to seal the shrink plastic that I've coloured with chalks (once shrunk) and the bottle of glossy accents on the other side of the desk is used in the same vein but with dimension, as you know! I don't think there's anything else of huge interest on the table...of course the stamp is a Christmas image, but don't let's get started on that again!
The idea of showing your worktable has really taken off over on UK Scrappers - there's a great thread running on there if you're in the mood for a browse. And take heart, tidy workers, you are certainly not in the minority - I think we're pretty evenly distributed, actually. Not a scientific survey though, so probably better not to quote me!
What you can't see on my desk is a pile of 'stuff' awaiting attention, on the far left that my poor camera just can't stretch to. You see, it's my work desk, so I tend to use it to do domestic paperwork and other bits of everyday stuff...if it needs my attention, it has to be on my desk. So that I can move it out of the way to craft and then ignore it, usually! Currently waiting for me to finish shrinking (!) and move on is a pile of flocked papers, a couple magazines waiting to be (proof!) read, a list of workshops that I've foolishly agreed to conduct over at Kraft Crazy in Tidworth and most importantly, and certainly the priority, on the top - a cup of coffee and a home-made banana muffin. I know. Home-made. Impressive huh. I'm so smug I can barely type. Of course, if the bananas hadn't been left to go soft and horrible I wouldn't have had to make the muffins. And they were allowed to go black and squishy because I took my eye off the fruit bowl for a couple of days and forgot to force feed them to the Dunnits. I should probably make room for the fruit bowl on my worktable to avoid further guilt. I can bear it though, because I made the muffins and besides, it's strawberry season and that renders other fruit obsolete don't you think? Which is just as well, I'm sure you agree, because there's really no hope of fitting fruit onto my worktable. Could this be a life metaphor?

Let's see your desks then - leave a comment with a link or something so we can all visit - grab Annie's fab button from the column at right if you want to clutter up your blog with fab designer buttons!

13 comments:

Carmen said...

I really do feel it's unfair to mention homemade muffins without giving us the recipe ;) Good excuse as any to let the 'nanas go brown if you ask me.

I love seeing all these desk piccies.

Teresa said...

I have put mine up, still not a good representation of what it normally looks like!

And I agree, what do you mean by saying that you are eating homemade muffins without telling us all how to make them!

Angie said...

Yeah ... I have just blogged WOYWW ... I say Yeah as I have developed a problem on blogger and it took DD a while to work out how to let it, let me post. Not sorted totally but at least I can blog ... must have pressed something!!!!
We have a master of Muffin and Cupcakes living with us and we could eat them everyday ... as we did at the start. Now its once a month unless I beg. Next week its something with marshmallow.... yum yum.xx

ally fiddy said...

I blogged, but the desk looks too tidy to be mine. Ok own up who stole my desk and put this tidy one in its place?
:-)

Jay said...

My WOYWW picture is here : http://jay-dailydeliberations.blogspot.com/
Does it work doing that? I hope so.
Anyway, probably not a very interesting desk this week.

Unknown said...

My table is far too tidy to show and would just put yours to shame ... NOT!!! *LOL*

It has been great catching up with your blog hun X

Mole said...

Your desk looks so much tidier than mine!!!
Thanks for dropping by my molescreations blog and leaving a lovely comment.

Kathy said...

I think I'm down to about a 9" square of clear space on my work desk now! I really need to have a clear up.....

Lyn said...

I am a bad teamie, I haven't managed to join in yet, but this time I'm blaming work for sending me away - not only did I not get back til Wednesday night, my desk was still clear from last week as I have been too busy to do any crafting either :(

And you mentioned Muffins. Banana Muffins. HOME MADE Banana Muffins. AND Strawberries .... digress me, or what?!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabulous! Love the mess too :) I'm going to have to look these desk up on UKS! Kim

Paige said...

I'm running late with this one this week. but I'm here now ;) and off to visit everyone else's WOYWW posts.

http://ladybird-ladybird-paige.blogspot.com/

Ginny said...

you'va already seen my desk today, Im just stopping by to say "foam shrimps?" sounds like those things you get packaged up in boxes!!! ;0)

Unknown said...

i haven't done anything creative for over a week now-so my table is tidy!